Thursday, December 31, 2009
Dear Friends,
"The days are long but the years are short!"
Oh, where has this last year gone? I struggle to come to terms with how quickly life passes as you get older. I remember when I was younger wishing my life away for a new day and different year. But as the years pass now, I am almost getting whiplash....seriously!
I look back on this past year and I am so thankful that God has brought my family through another year. We are together to celebrate a new beginning in time and to declare the faithfulness of our Lord. Wow! I mean, who would have thought 2010!!!
It's been a year of love and laughter of pain and sorrow. I've had some low times when I couldn't feel God's presence even though I knew He was there! (He promised in Matthew 28:20). I've had some "top of the mountain" times when it seemed life couldn't get any better. I've greived deeply with friends and family as they've lost loved ones. I've welcomed bundles of hope as babies have been born to dear friends. I've had some amazing family and friends, this year, who have pushed, encouraged and prayed me forward. And I stand at the brink of this new year ready for the challenges and beauty of what 2010 has to offer. I can say that I am not afraid of what the future may bring or what hold the past tries to have. I will move forward taking each step in obedience to my Lord!
May the God of Peace go before each and everyone one of you and bring you and your family health, happiness and saftey in this new year!
With all my love,
Amber
PS. Thanks for reading! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Dave and I were just saying how you spend your whole childhood trying to rush to grow up, then you grow up and spend your adulthood trying to slow the aging process :)Happy New Year!!!
Oh, Sweetheart, What a wonderful thing this is to put on paper what you feel at the end of another awesome year. Journaling is what I call it, something I have always wished I done. A legacy for your children. Because no matter how much you think you will remember, you want remember it all!Love you so much and Happy New Year, 2010!!!
So very well put Amber! So thankful to have had you by my side through this past years ups and downs! You are such a dear friend and I look forward to the adventures we will share in 2010!! LOVE YA GIRL!!
Well said my friend. Looking forward to the many sweet conversations we will have this year as we spur one another on toward Jesus! Hebrews 10:24-25
Wow, WELL SAID Amber! I have to agree- It is so crazy how we wish our life away as little girls! Now if we could just slow life down!! I look forward to the wonderful memories we'll make together in 2010, my friend! Thankful to the Lord for you!
Post a Comment