Today we had a fun day with friends. My friend Shelley has been feeling sick and today she woke up and felt worse. She is a mom of 3, with one of them only being 4 months old, so when she is sick, there isn't much rest time. I am a firm believer that rest is one of the best things to do when you are not feeling well. So, I offered to take Rainey with me to Bible study and pick up Terry after school at 12:15.
My girls were beyond thrilled to have their best friends over to play! I must say having the Keith kid's over is like my own children. They are so good! (Did I just say in a round about way that my kids are so good? Hmm? Well, that's still to be determined...) Anyway, they always play really well together. Today even more so, there were no tears or episodes of not sharing, you know typical kid stuff. They all played and weren't ready to go home when Taylor came to get them. (Doesn't that secretly make you feel good when you are the other parent? hehe)
Well, I said all that to say Ryan came home and said that he was not in the mood to eat. He had gone out to lunch with a vendor to Chinese...don't blame him there. :) Luckily I hadn't started cooking but I was just going to do Cheese Ravioli (frozen from Sam's - super yummy) and salad anyway. That's super quick. Since the kiddo's had played so hard today, they were quite smelly and Ryan got them in the bathtub while I got dinner together. The dinner was ready and the girls were in the bath still so, I figured why not bring dinner to them? Why not? No napkins needed, no messy clothes and hey, it's totally different! So, in I came with dinner and tv trays! We all sat in the bathroom (Ryan and I on the counter, not in the tub) while the girls ate. It was a family dinner in the bathroom. Not the best sounding thing but the girls thought it was a hoot.
I hope they remember days like this. I want to be a mom that thinks outside the box and does things not always "by the rules" every once in a while. :) I love those little girls so much and just want them to have fun and know that fun comes in so many different forms. :)
Here's the pic from dinner in the tub!
No comments:
Post a Comment