Tonight Riley Kate threw a pure-T-fit at bed time. She had just had a bath and I think she wanted to stay in there and play but Daddy knew she needed to get to bed. So, it went on for about 10 or 15 minutes. Finally, I think she was getting tired and she at least let Daddy put her pull up on. After she had calmed down, had her teeth brushed and was laying quietly in bed, I was trying to talk to her about what had happened. She really seemed to be getting upset about it and I think it was her heart knowing she was doing something wrong. Well, we ended it with her apologizing to Daddy (in a very hard to understand baby whine) but we accepted it.
Avery and Riley have been reading from their special baby dedication Bible's, you know the ones with the tiny writing, just New Testament and Psalms and Proverbs. Well, Riley wanted to read from hers tonight. By no chance, Mommy opened right up to Ephesians 6:1 "Children obey your parents in the Lord for this is right." After we discussed that for a minute, I moved to Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." It was really sweet to correlate these two verses for Riley and to help her understand that even when we don't want to do what is right, Christ gives us the strength to do it. Praying for her little heart and that God will soften it through the years to Him. She seems to be my "strong willed" child and definitely doesn't have that pleasing streak like Avery. It might be a different challenge to parent her. I think I'll just have to remember Philippians 4:13. :)
1 comment:
I love seeing how other moms handle "fits". Thanks for sharing and honoring Jesus through it. It encourages me greatly!
Post a Comment