Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mini Vacation

Ryan, Avery and I took a mini 2 day vacation to Myrtle Beach this week. We wanted to take a few days and spend them with Avery for some special "Mommy & Daddy Time" before the new baby comes. It was a great! We did a lot of stuff just for Avery and our goal was to see her smile as much as possible! When we got to the beach on Tuesday we stayed at a hotel that had a few different pools and a lazy river. Avery loved the different pools and swimming with us. She is so confident when wearing her swim vest and says "I want to swim by myself". We went to Broadway at the Beach later that night and got some dinner and made a trip to the candy store. We found a lot of different flavors of gummy bears and Avery was in heaven! On Wednesday, we went to a water park for a few hours and then made a "Big Sister" bear at Build-A-Bear later that night. We got up early this morning to leave (we had to pick up our dog at the kennel by noon) but made a stop at the beach to take a few pictures. I knew we probably wouldn't get a great family shot (since we were doing it ourself with a tripod) but I think we got a couple cute ones of Avery with Ryan and I. It's so sad to think that it won't be just the 3 of us for much longer. We have so much fun with our little angel. She amazes us with her verbal skills and Ryan and I are always saying "I can't believe she said that". As sad as I am that Avery won't be our only child, I am just as happy to meet this new little one. Our next trip (wherever that might be) will be as a family of 4! How crazy is that?!!!
Here's a few pictures of our trip. You can check out more on Phanfare.





2 comments:

NCThorps said...

These are the best days of your lives! Soak up every amount of fun you can have! Welcome home! :)

Anonymous said...

That is such a great idea! I love the pictures... what a wonderful memory!!