Sunday, April 27, 2008

Vegas

Ryan and I had a great time in Vegas! We just spent one night there but it was definitely just enough time to do a little bit of everything! We stayed at the Bellagio, which was a beautiful hotel. When we walked in the lobby you could smell the beautiful flowers that were everywhere! They had a beautiful display of fresh flowers in an atrium! I took a few pics for Avery - of a ladybug and a tree with a face on it!


Vegas is like a completely different country! There were so many different types of people there and I hardly heard anyone speaking english! It's dirty and there is a ton of construction everywhere! It's been about 10 years since I was there last and about 17 for Ryan. It's definitely not as glamourous as on tv or as we both remembered. We did do a lot of walking - but once you've seen one casino, you've seen them all! We ate at the Bellagio's buffet - recommened by a friend and it was delicious! We will be talking about this buffet for years to come! I wish I hadn't eaten for 3 days prior because there was so much food I could hardly eat 1/2 of what I wanted to! Oh, it was so good! We went to see The Blue Man Group - a popular show in Vegas. We wanted to see a Cirque Du Soleil show but we couldn't get 2 seats together for either of the shows that were scheduled that night. But we made a good choice in the Blue Man! It was better than Ryan and I thought and was definitely worth it! We walked "the strip" back to our hotel and played a few slot machines! No big winners....I think I lost a whole $8 and Ryan lost about $60 after the whole day! I am not a gambler! I hate losing money...such a waste!


It was a great trip overall but we sure missed our Avery! She was sooo happy to see us when we got back! She told me 3 times in the car "I miss you Mommy!" - awwww! Next year we will have 2 kids to leave behind! Ugh! That will be hard! Oh, next year's trip is in Bermuda....anyone want to tag along?

1 comment:

megan said...

It's so cool that you guys get to do this trip every year! After just seeing "21", it was interesting to hear your take on Vegas. Gosh, Bermuda next year....it's a rough life, isn't it?!